Saturday, July 12, 2014

Hi guys, guess what?

Hi guys! It's been a minute! I know, I took almost a whole year off just to make your hearts grow fonder. Maybe this summer I can manage to write more than three whole blog posts. And maybe even post some pictures. Maybe.

Here's the interesting news from the past year:


  1. I still have the job that I had just started last summer. I know that's not so much news as it is a lack of another type of news, but I feel like it warrants mention. I like it, it doesn't feel as difficult as it did then, the end. Not much else to say.
  2. We're getting a baby in three weeks.
I know! I know that a) there's not much on that list, really only one thing, and b) that's kind of a big thing and really did take up all our time this year.

My husband and I (and probably some other people) are pretty excited, though; we're at that place in the process where everything in the house/nursery is done (other than some minor cleaning), the hospital bag is packed, and my main concern is not suffocating or breaking a rib when trying to do something off-the-wall and crazy like fall asleep at night.

I'm only working half-days right now in an effort to stave off maternity leave a couple more weeks (the idea of working full eight hour days right now is truly hilarious to me), and trying to maximize the extra-ish free time I have (maybe an extra hour after you factor in my afternoon nap) by ticking items off the new summer bucket list. Here's what's left for summer, pre-baby and post-baby.

Pre-baby Summer Bucket List:
  • Spend an entire day at my in-laws' pool, not-drinking margaritas (this year) and reading trashy magazines and library books. (Note: I'm not gonna lie, I've spent some afternoons doing this, but I want one whole day devoted to it.)
  • Make ice cream.
  • Have a date night with my husband (let's be real, though, we'll probably keep it local and not head into Nearby Big City.)
  • Play mini-golf.
  • Take a lot of pictures, do something with them / show some people.
  • Plant an herb garden on our balcony (might be a little late in the game for that this year, but maybe we can get a pot of basil going or something.)
  • Read 5 more books (preferably fiction and not baby-related.)
Post-baby Summer Bucket List (Before Labor Day):
  • Have another date night with my husband.
  • Make boozy popsicles.
  • Spend a day down the shore. (This one feels a little ambitious but we'll let it be.)
  • Take a lot of pictures, do something with them / show people.
  • Read 2 more books (not baby-related.)
  • Not-kill the three hanging plants I foolishly bought in May.
Oh God, these lists look so boring. But I can barely walk to the CVS a quarter-mile from my house to buy chocolate, let alone "go hiking locally." I can no longer bend over to tie my shoes, so "raspberry picking" is kind of off the table.

Well! We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment