Tuesday, July 15, 2014

So much [time] for activities!

So today I'm 36 weeks, 3 days pregnant, and hadn't anticipated starting my maternity leave until at least this Friday - if not next Friday. However, due to unforeseen circumstances at work (not worth getting into but only semi-having to do with my pregnancy) I found myself leaving early yesterday, and on my maternity leave.

So this is my first morning (of at least eight weeks total) where I'm not rushing off to work at 6:15am. I've been lucky enough to work half days most of my work days recently... but it's still different to have literally nothing to do. Since I wasn't put on bed rest or anything, I can technically go out and do stuff... but that just makes me feel lazy, since my brain thinks "if I can do stuff, I should be doing stuff that makes us money... like working."

But there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm trying to make the best of it and do stuff I'm not normally able to do in the summer -- grabbing weekday diner breakfasts with my teacher friends who are off, deep cleaning the house (it would have been FINE for the baby to come back to, but now it will be even MORE FINE), reading more books than I have in the past year combined. Baking more stuff, which I've been too tired to do after work.

I guess this might be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment